I was young when I first saw them at the conferences…
Everyone knew who they were.
They were known, respected, and admired.
And their referral partners felt the same way about them.
You see, everyone thinks that the top Loan Officers in the industry are known, respected, and admired because of their success.
But, it’s actually the opposite…
They are successful because they first became someone who was known, respected, and admired.
You’ve probably heard of the saying BE > DO > HAVE.
Whoever invented that saying… must have been a 200M producer.
If you want to HAVE a reputation for being the best in your field. Be known as the Loan Officer that all successful Realtors use to get deals done. Be the LO that people love to be around and collaborate with… You need to first BE that Loan Officer and DO the things that that LO would do.
If you follow me, you know that I’m obsessed with personal branding. This is because, as a Loan Officer, your personal brand is the “BE” of the BE > DO > HAVE. It’s how you are perceived and it dictates your success.
Why do I believe in the power of a personal brand so strongly? Because, in a referral-based business, Realtors choose the Loan Officer that they connect with the most. They choose the LO who has the same goals in business, similar interests, and family values.
This is a personal business and your pesonal brand is the only thing that accomplishes that. Your reputation is a byproduct of your personal brand’s ability to show Realtors who you are and tell your story. Without a brand… you’re really no different than every other Loan Officer.
The formula is quite simple.
- Discover your unique brand identity, what you’re good at, and what you’re passionate about.
- Create a personal brand that accurately communicates your uniqueness in a way that others can quickly understand (I’m really good at helping Loan Officers with this part).
- Place your personal brand in front of 100-200 Realtors each week. Do this virtually, in-person, and on social media.
- Move these new relationships into a container that you control so that you can progress the friendship into something that may result in an opportunity to do business together.
- Repeat this process until you have achieved your desired income level.
Sounds too simple?
I don’t know what to tell you… this is how all of my super successful friends are making great money.
They have a personal brand that allows referral partners to get to know them way faster than their competitors. Their reputation runs laps around every other LO in the market. At a certain point, their personal brand carries so much value that it creates relationships for them.